- Foster safe environments for children and teens to learn foundational skills, develop healthy and trusting relationships, and build independence.
- Support after school, child care, and universal pre-k programs.
- Improve students’ educational readiness by promoting year-round learning opportunities in order to lessen the achievement gap.
- Advocate for funding that provides Swim Lessons and Water Safety classes for all school aged children
- Support increased funding for the Child Care and Development Block Grant (CCDBG). CCDBG supports economically disadvantaged families by increasing the availability, affordability and quality of child care.
- Support the community school strategy by investing $30 million for the Full-Service Community Schools (FSCS) program.
- Create healthier communities through statewide initiatives that support the well-being of people of all ages and abilities.
- Provide financial assistance for individuals unable to afford YMCA memberships and program fees.
- Support $160 million for CDC’s Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention Division, $5 million for Million Hearts and $37 million for WISEWOMAN.
- Support $110 million for CDC’s Division of Nutrition, Physical Expand evidence-based chronic disease prevention and management programs.
- Support $50 million for CDC’s Comprehensive Cancer Program, for a deeper federal investment in evidence-based cancer survivorship programs.
- Support $110 million for CDC’s Division of Nutrition, Physical Activity, and Obesity (DNPAO), including resources to support the Y’s Healthy Weight and Your Child Program.
- Promote volunteerism and togetherhood as community-based solutions for positive change.
- Promote access and availability of health care and wellness programs for citizens.
- Increase charitable giving by supporting a universal deduction that encourages more giving.
- Support $11 million for the National Park Service (NPS) Youth Partnership Programs at the Department of Interior.
- Cosponsor the Every Kid Outdoors Act.
Become a Y Advocate!
Believing that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, deserves to be healthy, confident, connected and secure, the Y is a powerful ally and advocate for our communities.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y collaborates with national and community-based leaders and policymakers to increase the resources and support that empower individuals, families and communities to learn, grow and thrive.
As an advocate of the Y, you can help:
- Influence policies and initiatives that help youth develop healthy behaviors, values and life skills
- Prevent and combat chronic disease
- Build trust and understanding among community groups and decision makers
- Positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation and your community
Advocate in support of a movement working every day to build healthier communities. Interested in joining our Y advocacy action network?
State Legislative Agendas
Select the State below for more information
Nebraska - Coming soon.
North Dakota - Coming soon.
South Dakota - Coming soon.